CIA World Factbook, PubMed, New York Public Library, WorldCat, ERIC — these are just a few of many databases freely available to the community. Use them for your research needs, or feed your desire to learn! Visit our Alumni and Community Services page for more. As always, check out our complete A-Z Databases List at https://libguides.geneseo.edu/az.php
Databases freely available:
- Agricola – Citations to the agricultural literature created by the National Agricultural Library and its cooperators.
- ArXiv – Open access to e-prints in Physics, Math, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance and Statistics.
Biodiversity Heritage Library – A consortium of natural history and botanical libraries, collaboratively making biodiversity literature openly available to the world as part of a global biodiversity community.
BioMedCentral Open Access – A publisher of open access journals in the sciences and medicine.
- CIA World Factbook – Information on the history, people, government, economy, etc… for world entities.
- CiteSeerX – Public search engine and digital library for scientific and academic papers, primarily in the fields of computer and information science.
- ERIC – ERIC The world’s largest digital library of education literature.
- GPO Access – Official, full-text information from the three branches of the Federal Government.
- Google Scholar – Search engine for scholarly information from institutional repositories, publisher websites, etc…
- Library of Congress Virtual Reference Shelf – Online reference materials in all subjects.
- New York Public Library – Some New York Public Library databases can be remotely accessed. Check the website for latest access information.
- NOVELny – New York Online Virtual Electronic Library – provides free access for NY residents to databases such as Business & Company Resource Center, ProQuest Platinum, Grolier Online, and Health & Wellness Resource Center. Check the website for latest access information.
- PubMed – Provides access to the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE and other related databases.
- SciElo – Scientific Electronic Library Online Agricultural Sciences, Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Applied Social Sciences, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Health Sciences, Human Sciences, Odontology, Psychiatry, Psychology, Public Health
- Wellcome Library Major resource for medical history, contemporary medicine and biomedical science in society
- Worldcat.org – Connects you to the collections and services of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide.