Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 through October 15) with a book from Milne Library’s collection or electronic resource! ¡Unidos en Cultura!
Nearly all the books and journal articles below are available via Milne Library GLOCAT.
- The Poet X, by Elizabeth Acevedo
- The Distance Between Us, by Reyna Grande
- This Bridge Called My Back, edited by Cherríe Moraga and Gloria Anzaldúa
- Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza, by Gloria E. Anzaldúa
- The Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent, by Eduardo Galeano
- The Devil’s Highway, by Luis Alberto Urrea
- ¡Manteca! An Anthology of Afro-Latin@ Poets, edited by Melissa Castillo-Garsow
- In the Time of the Butterflies, by Julia Alvarez
- Canto General, by Pablo Neruda
- Once I Was You, A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, by Maria Hinojosa
- Teaching tool showcasing collections from the vibrant cultures of Mexico, Central and South America, and the Hispanic Caribbean: Teaching Hispanic Heritage Month with Artstor
- Etymology: Where Did the Term “Hispanic” Come From?
- Our very own LibGuide for Latin American Studies