The Library has developed two self-enroll Canvas tutorials to help facilitate academic skill development in our students. Both the Plagiarism Tutorial and the Library Research Skills Tutorial are self-enroll Canvas courses that students may register for at any time. Each tutorial requires a blend of reading, viewing multimedia, and quizzing. Once students complete a tutorial, their completion is recorded in a Banner database. In this database, faculty members are able to see which students in their courses have completed the tutorials.
- Faculty view of the Tutorial Completion Database: go.geneseo.edu/canvas_tutorial_attendance
- Student view of Tutorial Completion Database: go.geneseo.edu/canvasTutorial.
Note: It may take several hours after a student completes a tutorial for it to show up in the database. Tutorials completed on Saturday or Sunday will be recorded in the Banner database on the following Monday morning.
If you have any questions or experience a technical issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online Plagiarism Tutorial is a self-enroll Canvas course that teaches students proactive strategies for avoiding plagiarism, which identify different types of plagiarism, paraphrasing, citing information, and more. This tutorial takes about 30 minutes to complete. This tutorial has replaced the library’s GOLD Plagiarism Workshop, which ran until Spring 2019.
- Enroll in the Plagiarism Tutorial: https://canvas.geneseo.edu/enroll/ATBWWH
Library Research Skills Tutorial
The online Library Research Skills Tutorial is a self-enroll Canvas course that provides students with an introduction to the college library’s services and basic research strategies. These strategies include searching the Academic Search Complete Database, locating materials in GLOCAT (the library’s catalog), requesting materials via IDS, and citing sources. This tutorial is designed to supplement the INTD 105 library instruction program, but will benefit any student. This tutorial takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.
- Enroll in the Library Research Skills Tutorial: https://canvas.geneseo.edu/enroll/T6HTA6
For Faculty: Assigning a Tutorial to Students
- Create an assignment in your Canvas course.
- Provide students with the tutorial course enrollment link and a due date.
- Check the Faculty view of the tutorial completion database to see which student completed the tutorial.
- Once you enter the completion database, select the tutorial you wish to view:
- Manually enter the tutorial completion grade in your Canvas gradebook.