While Milne Library welcomes Daniel Ross as our newest librarian, the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) gains essential research coverage in the evenings. The newly created position of Academic Excellence Librarian provides a true win-win situation – both the library and the CAE benefit from evening supervision, extended and dedicated research assistance, and fresh eyes to work on developing programs that bring together all support services offered by the CAE.
Daniel Ross is no stranger to working late night hours at Milne Library – first as a SUNY Geneseo history student (Class of 2009) and then as our most recent part-time Evening/Weekend Manager during Spring 2013. After graduating from Geneseo, Dan completed an MLIS (Master of Library & Information Science) at Drexel University and has now returned to the Rochester area to build his professional career.
As the support services in the CAE –
- Writing & Learning Center
- Research Consultations
- AOP Tutoring
- services for Student Athletes
- services for International and/or ESOL Students
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
– continue to grow and strengthen, the development of an Academic Excellence Librarian position seemed the perfect fit to more cohesively tie the CAE together as one unit. This can be done through evening oversight of the center, marketing and development of center-based workshops, and compilation of usage statistics (i.e., how, when and why students are using the center). To this end, Dan Ross brings fresh ideas, organizational skills, and a solid understanding of what it means to be a Geneseo student.
Dan began his position on September 12 and we are excited to (re) introduce him to the college community.