While students were away on Spring Break, we’ve been busy!
Thanks to the students, faculty and staff who completed surveys in Fall 2007, the Milne Library Web Team has implemented several design changes which grew out of these recommendations. Improvements include:
- Consolidation of QuickLinks on the library homepage and less clutter!
- Removal of much of the text from the side columns on the homepage
- Addition of direct links to our most “Popular Resources” — right from the homepage!
- Spacing of individual news stories farther apart (making them easier to read) and adding an RSS feed for New Books to the bottom of blog’s column. This also has the added benefit of keeping RSS feeds in one column.
- New color choices for main page.
- The addition of a “Bookmark” badge to all library webpages, thus increasing Web 2.0 functionality to our website and allowing users to bookmark our pages easily.
- Removal of underlining for hyperlinks.
Tell us what you think – we want your feedback! If you have questions about any of the changes made to the library website, please contact Kate Pitcher, Web Development Librarian, at [email protected] or by phone at 245-5064.