Open Access Week is an annual event that strives to educate researchers at all levels about open access, showcasing Open Access tools and resources. International Open Access Week 2021 will be held October 25-31, with the theme “It Matters How We Open Knowledge: Building Structural Equity.” This year’s events are in-person, though many additional, virtual events are held through other institutions. A link to many other academic library events is here: https://libguides.geneseo.edu/open-access-week
Events for the week:
- Monday, October 25, through Sunday, October 31— Populate KnightScholar! Send articles to the KnightScholar Team, who will upload it to KnightScholar for you. Form is located here.
- Tuesday, October 26, 4:30 p.m.— Geneseo Authors Celebration. Our annual celebration of scholarship and creative expression will be held in the Fireside Lounge (MacVittie 355), with an online presence, too: https://www.geneseo.edu/geneseo-authors-celebration
- Thursday, October 28, 12:00 noon— Myths of Open Access. Join Jonathan Grunert, Scholarly Communications Librarian and CDL Affiliate, in a conversation around open access, accessibility, and justice. Bring an article with you to upload to KnightScholar. (South Hall 347)
- Thursday, October 28, 3:00 p.m.— KnightScholar upload workshop. Need help uploading an article to KnightScholar? Unsure what version you can upload? Get help here, in the CDL space. (South Hall 347)
- Friday, October 29, 2:00 p.m.— KnightScholar upload workshop. Need help uploading an article to KnightScholar? Unsure what version you can upload? Get help here, in the CDL space. (South Hall 347)
Keep an eye on International Open Access Week for additional events.