Milne Library is once again helping to prepare AOP’s Summer Program students for their academic life by guiding them in a short research project that includes a poster session. We would like to invite you to participate in this event and support some of Geneseo’s newest students. Continue reading “AOP Summer Presentations: Wednesday August 1st, 10:30am -12 pm”
Coming Soon: Expanded study space, brighter environment, new furniture, and much more!
You can preview some of Milne Library’s renovation plans by viewing this interactive floor plan: https://goo.gl/ySi63f
Pardon our mess! We are working to bring you more more and better study spaces, and a bigger, brighter Library! Please contact our Library Director if you have any questions.
Have a great summer! Best of luck to graduates, and we look forward to returning students’ arrival next fall! Continue reading “CONGRATULATIONS, GRADUATES!”
Finals week: We will have pups, popcorn, puzzles, tea, lemonade, and more!
We don’t have Library cats here, but we do have some tips to get you through exams.
2. Study in chunks. Block off specific hours of your schedule to study for each test you have to take. A ten minute study break every few hours is also a good idea.
3. Schedule in some exercise. There’s no better way to relieve stress. Don’t plan on studying non-stop the whole week.
4. Take advantage of study groups. A group can motivate you to get started and discussing difficult concepts with each other can aid in understanding.
5. Take advantage of review sessions. Most professors will touch on certain topics more heavily than others in review sessions and this might give you a better idea of what will be on the exam.
6. Take advantage of your professor’s office hours. If you’re unsure about anything, touch base with your professor or TA.
7. Make sure you have the materials you’ll need for the test the night before. Bring a back-up pen or pencil.
8. Get a good night’s rest and have a good breakfast before your test. If you follow tip #1, you won’t have to stay up all night cramming.
10. Don’t psych yourself out. You’ve studied, so don’t talk yourself into doing poorly. Put yourself in confidence mode, visualize it all going right and think A+.
SPRING is HERE, even if the spring weather is not. Milne Library is hosting a Spring Story Time Celebration for children and their caregivers. Continue reading “Spring Storytime! Friday April 20 6:30PM”
Do you or someone you know love LEGO®? Then this event is for you!
You can register online now!
Join SUNY Geneseo students and members of the Rochester Lego Users Group in exploring and creating with Lego® bricks.
When: Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 10:00am – 1:00pm
Where: Wadsworth Public Library, 24 Center St, Geneseo, NY 14454
Registration is required and attendance is limited to 80 participants
Registration sheets will be available at Wadsworth Public Library (starting on March 30th) and attendees must register prior to the event.
In this Star Wars themed event, members of the Rochester Lego Users Group will introduce basic concepts in Lego® design and showcase some of their creations. Attendees will get a chance to build their own creations, and take part in mini challenges. SUNY Geneseo students will be lending a hand to help younger enthusiasts in designing and creating their projects.
This event is FREE and open to anyone interested in Lego® creation and NO experience required!
To register, visit Wadsworth Public Library. For more information please email Michelle Costello ([email protected])
Are you an education major looking for materials to use on a project, lesson plan, or in the classroom? If your answer is yes, then the Imaginarium is the place for you! Here, we have a variety of materials such as a di-cut machine with many different di-cut stencils, a paper cutter, and construction paper. You can also use this space to work on group projects, plan lessons, and study for your education classes!
This semester, Carmen Fisher-Olvera and Alison Gleason will be the people to go to should you need assistance with a lesson plan or a project. Alison will be holding her office hours in the Imaginarium on Thursdays from 2:30-4:00 pm. Carmen’s office hours will be Tuesdays from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
The Imaginarium is open all hours that the library is open. Stop by during our office hours should you need assistance with anything!
Best of luck this semester,
Alison and Carmen