Milne Library News and Events
https://www.geneseo.edu/library/library-hours Milne Library will be open 24 hours through Wednesday, May 15.
Best wishes to everyone during Finals Week!
- Find subject specific databases on Milne Library’s Research Guides.
- DIY: Visit our Self-Help page at https://libanswers.geneseo.edu/ for helpful information.
- As always, Milne Librarians are here for you!
1. Study in chunks. Block off specific hours of your schedule to study for each test you have to take. A ten minute study break every few hours is also a good idea.
2. Schedule in some exercise. There’s no better way to relieve stress. Don’t plan on studying non-stop the whole week.
3. Take advantage of study groups. A group can motivate you to get started and discussing difficult concepts with each other can aid in understanding.
4. Take advantage of review sessions. Most professors will touch on certain topics more heavily than others in review sessions and this might give you a better idea of what will be on the exam.
5. Take advantage of your professor’s office hours. If you’re unsure about anything, touch base with your professor or TA.
6. Make sure you have the materials you’ll need for the test the night before. Bring a back-up pen or pencil.
7. Get a good night’s rest and have a good breakfast before your test. If you follow tip #1, you won’t have to stay up all night cramming.
9. Don’t psych yourself out. You’ve studied, so don’t talk yourself into doing poorly. Put yourself in confidence mode, visualize it all going right and think A+.