Would you like to get your hands on the newest Common Core-aligned textbooks?
Milne Library has added new Math, Science, and ELA textbooks to its collection (Math and ELA include the common core standards).
Here are a sampling of the new texts with call numbers:
- Algebra 2 – curr CT 373.72 G485a 2012
- Math (Course 1) – curr CT 373.7 G485g 2013
- Life iScience – curr CT 373.357 G485l 2012
- Earth Science: Geology, the Environment, and the Universe – curr CT 373.355 G485 2013
- Reading Street Common Core – curr CT 372.41 Sco81rs 2013
Common Core Workshop:
April 10, 2013, 2:30pm-4:00pm, Newton 209
Why School Librarians can be a teachers best ally: Common Core support from the library (Jim Belair, Kathleen Jaccarino, Ann Fox & Howard Enis)
In this panel presentation school librarians will share their knowledge about the Common Core and the resources and collaboration services they can provide to help teachers understand and implement the standards. Librarians will be represented from an elementary school, middle school, high school and BOCES. For more information about how School Librarians can help educators with the Common Core Standards, take a look at this article.
To register for the presentation click here.
For help finding these texts or if you have questions/concerns please contact Michelle Costello (firstname.lastname@example.org)