Tuesday, February 12 is “National Clean Out Your Computer Day”. Have you received a message from CIT saying you’re nearing your email quota? Do you find it impossible to locate documents you’re sure you have? Do you really need to keep that not-so-funny joke your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former room-mate sent you?
Take the opportunity today to clean out your computer, before the semester gets any more stressful. Take some time to:
- Delete old email messages
- Organize your bookmarks/favorites. Try an online bookmarking service that allows tagging, like del.icio.us or Google Bookmarks.
- Clean off your desktop. How many of those items do you really use?
- Backup your important files. You don’t want to loose your music library, do you?
For more computer organizing tips, see these sites:
- The Clutter Diet Blog: National Clean Out Your Computer Day
- Get a Grip on Your Gigabytes! National Clean Out Your Computer Day is Feb 12
- Organize Your Computer – Real Simple Magazine