Users of Milne Library’s catalog, GLOCAT, will find themselves pleasantly surprised this week. On Thursday, July 17th, users will visit GLOCAT and see a brand new design and improvements in functionality . Milne Library staff worked diligently since spring to redesign and enhance the library catalog. Some highlights of these improvements include:
- Simplified search screens
- A separate search capability for DVDs and Videos (as well as the option to browse by film Genre).
- A separate search for the Teacher Education Resource Center’s (TERC) collections.
- Separate (yet integrated) search for Course Reserve materials.
- Availability of items may be ascertained on the first search results page (“On Shelf” and “Checked Out”).
- On the search results page, a user may limit results to those that are available for check-out.