Upcoming Workshop Dates
* Wednesday, Sept. 21st @1:00pm
* Monday, Sept. 26th @7:00pm
* Friday, Sept. 30th @2:30pm
…in Milne 104
Students plagiarize for many reasons. While some are simply trying to get through a course as easily as possible, others procrastinate and panic, taking a few short cuts to get the assignment done. Some students think that text on a “group-developed” web page like Wikipedia does not have to be cited because it is “common knowledge” (not true!). Others genuinely do not understand how to paraphrase, quote, and cite properly.
In this workshop taught by librarians, students will:
- discuss how copyright laws and plagiarism rules apply to using material from the web
- learn how citing correctly can help avoid unintentional plagiarism
- learn how to write a paragraph that successfully and clearly distinguishes paraphrases and quotes from original ideas and language
See the website for a complete list of dates the workshop is offered.