Earth Science Week is October 14 to 21, 2007.
This week is the tenth annual “Earth Science Week.” The goal of Earth Science Week is to increase public awareness of earth science in education and society. This year’s theme is “The Pulse of Earth Science.”
To celebrate, have a look at some great Earth Science resources available from Milne Library and on the Web:
- Article Databases brought to you by Milne Library – The best place to start your research
- The Earth Science World Image Bank – A fabulous collection of high quality images from the American Geological Institute.
- Geology News – From Geology.com
- The Geological Atlas of the United States – High quality historical geology maps from the United States Geological Survey, courtesy of Texas A & M
- The Global Land Cover Facility – Access to hundreds of high quality satellite images.
Or you can catch up on some earth science related news:
- Al Gore and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change win the Nobel Peace Prize
- Look up and see the Orionids Meteor Shower, peaking Wednesday night, October 18th.
- Check out the depths of the San Andreas Fault Zone
And just for fun: