Welcome, Students! As the semester begins and due dates for your research assignments and projects approach, see what assistance (and time savings) a research librarian can offer you!
Librarians can help you: brainstorm and refine your research topic, locate scholarly research, materials, and/or data, help you cite information, and much more!
Continue reading “WELCOME, Students! Research Help is here for you!”
Have a great summer! Best of luck to graduates, and we look forward to returning students’ arrival next fall! Continue reading “CONGRATULATIONS, GRADUATES!”
Finals week: We will have pups, popcorn, puzzles, tea, lemonade, and more!
Continue reading “Finals Week Stress Relief at the Library!”
We don’t have Library cats here, but we do have some tips to get you through exams.
1. Check out the Final Exam Schedule
so that you know when your exams will be and plan ahead so that you give yourself plenty of time to study for each of them.
2. Study in chunks.
Block off specific hours of your schedule to study for each test you have to take. A ten minute study break every few hours is also a good idea.
3. Schedule in some exercise. There’s no better way to relieve stress. Don’t plan on studying non-stop the whole week.
4. Take advantage of study groups. A group can motivate you to get started and discussing difficult concepts with each other can aid in understanding.
5. Take advantage of review sessions. Most professors will touch on certain topics more heavily than others in review sessions and this might give you a better idea of what will be on the exam.
6. Take advantage of your professor’s office hours. If you’re unsure about anything, touch base with your professor or TA.
7. Make sure you have the materials you’ll need for the test the night before. Bring a back-up pen or pencil.
8. Get a good night’s rest and have a good breakfast before your test. If you follow tip #1, you won’t have to stay up all night cramming.
9. Don’t wait until your class is about to begin to get a bluebook. If you need a blue book, you can pick it up at the Library Service Desk for 15 cents.
10. Don’t psych yourself out. You’ve studied, so don’t talk yourself into doing poorly. Put yourself in confidence mode, visualize it all going right and think A+.
Summer Session 2 hours (June 26 to August 4):
Monday-Thursday: 8am to 9pm
Friday: 8am to 4pm
Sunday: 2pm to 9pm
Continue reading “Summer Session 2 Hours (Jun 26 to Aug 4)”
We’ve extended our hours in order for you to keep working through the night, but once finals are over, the Library will be closing by 10:00 PM.
Happy and successful studying!! Continue reading “Extended hours for Finals Week”
Milne Library is open limited hours during the Winter Intersession. Be sure to double check specific dates, especially holidays and weekends, as we will be closed.
Have a safe and restful break. We hope to see you around for some of those famous Geneseo sunsets!
Hear Ye, Hear ye!!
We’ve extended our hours in order for you to keep working, but once finals are over, the Library will be closing by 10:00 PM.
Happy and Successful Studying!!
Extended Hours – Finals:
|Tuesday, December 13th (Study day):
||7:30 AM to 24 hours
|Wednesday, December 14th:
|Thursday, December 15th:
|Friday, December 16th:
||Closing at 1am
|Saturday, December 17th:
||10:00am to 1:00am
|Sunday, December 18th:
||10:00am to 24 hours
|Monday, December 19th:
|Tuesday, December 20th (Last day of finals):
||Closing at 10pm
Everyone here at Milne Library wishes you a safe and happy journey home for the Thanksgiving holiday. Should your plans include a little studying or research in the building, please note that the library will have reduced hours over the Thanksgiving Break:
|Tuesday, November 22
||7:30 AM – 10:00 PM
|Wednesday, November 23
||8:00 AM – Noon
|Thursday, November 24
||CLOSED – Thanksgiving Day
|Friday, November 25
|Saturday, November 26
|Sunday, November 27
||2:00 PM – 1:00 AM
Whether you’re heading home or remaining in Geneseo, we hope that you’ll have a great long weekend. Should your plans include a little studying or research, the library will have slightly-reduced hours over the Fall Break, so if you’re thinking to come into the building, please plan accordingly!
|Friday, October 7
||7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
|Saturday, October 8
|Sunday, October 9
|Monday, October 10
|12:00 PM – 10:00 PM
|Tuesday, October 11
||7:30 AM – 1:00 AM