Key changes made to MLA citations include:
- Titles are italicized instead of underlined
- URLs are optional, though encouraged if the citation does not lead easily to the source.
- Volume and issue numbers are required, regardless of pagination.
- Publication Medium info is required at the end of the citations: Print, Web, Performance, DVD, or TV.
- New Abbreviations for web sources: N.p. for no publisher given, n.d. for no date of publication, and n. pag. for no pagination. (MLA Update 2009, Purdue).
Stop by the reference desk in Milne if you have citations questions. The librarian on duty will be happy to help!