Kim Davies Hoffman and her husband Brian are thrilled to welcome their first child, Olivia Joan Hoffman! Olivia was born at 3:15 pm on Wednesday, October 14, 2009, weighing 7lbs, 13 oz. and measuring 21 inches long.
GoToMeeting is an online service that enables users to easily, securely and cost-effectively present information and collaborate on projects with other participants. The new service is only available to Geneseo faculty and staff. Learn more about the features of this service here.
Faculty also donated many text books in support of the pilot.
These generous contributions have enabled us to kick off this very worthwhile program in the library.
Students can search for textbook titles through GLOCAT.
Questions about the program? You can ask at the circulation desk or email Sonja Landes, Head of Access Services
During the month of October Milne Library has full text access to 80 social science handbooks from Sage.
To access the Sage handbooks:
1. Go to http://sage-ereference.com
2. Select ALL SAGE Reference Online Handbooks A –Z
These are well-known and well-respected reference titles covering the following topics:
* Aging & Gerontology
* Business & Management
* Communication & Media Studies
* Counseling & Psychotherapy
* Criminology & Criminal Justice
* Family Studies
* Gender & Sexuality Studies
* Health & Social Welfare
* Politics & International Relations
* Public Policy & Public Administration
* Research Methods & Evaluation
* Social Issues
* Social Work & Social Policy
* Urban Studies & Planning
The library will have reduced hours over fall break:
|Friday, October 9||7:30 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Saturday, October 10||12:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Sunday, October 11||12:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Monday, October 12||8:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Tuesday, October 13||7:30 AM – 1:00 AM|
A reference librarian will be available for research help throughout the weekend.
Key changes made to MLA citations include:
- Titles are italicized instead of underlined
- URLs are optional, though encouraged if the citation does not lead easily to the source.
- Volume and issue numbers are required, regardless of pagination.
- Publication Medium info is required at the end of the citations: Print, Web, Performance, DVD, or TV.
- New Abbreviations for web sources: N.p. for no publisher given, n.d. for no date of publication, and n. pag. for no pagination. (MLA Update 2009, Purdue).
Stop by the reference desk in Milne if you have citations questions. The librarian on duty will be happy to help!
Cyberspace is alight with talk of a new Facebook malware attack. Social media news alerts warn against clicking any link like the one shown here. For more information about these attacks, see Mashable’s Article at http://mashable.com/2009/10/01/new-facebook-attack/.