You can now contact librarians via Instant Messages. Just click on from the library’s website and type into the chat box.
Or, use your prefered chat client to contact a reference librarian:
IM Reference Service for Milne will be available whenever the Reference desk is staffed. Reference Service hours at Milne Library:
| Monday – Thursday
|| 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
|| 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
|| 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
|| 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Due to scheduled maintenance, library users will not have access to our the ScienceDirect and Scopus databases from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, August 29th.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
With a new campus textbook vendor and many different choices for accessing required course materials, students may be left struggling with the best (and cheapest) way to access their course readings.
In an effort to provide options before students buy their books, please see the enumerated list below:
1) Follett Higher Education Group, MacVittie Student Union
2) Text Book on Reserve Pilot Program, Milne Library – A limited number of textbooks have been donated by SUNY Geneseo professors while others have been purchased for us by Follett/CAS, allowing students in certain courses to borrow textbooks for 4 hours at a time.
3) Information Delivery Services, Milne Library – While it is not encouraged that students request textbooks through IDS, they are free to order other readings that have been assigned in a course. For example, novels, personal narratives and non-fiction materials may be sent from other libraries if Milne Library does not currently maintain an available copy.
4) Online Options – MSNBC spotlights an article providing suggestions on ways in which college students can save money on their required textbooks. This article only shares a few of the numerous online resources for college students. Following are many more links that could be of interest:
The Quicksearch box on the library home page now uses WorldCat Local. This search tool quickly finds books, articles, and materials held in Milne Library and in other libraries across the country.
Unlike Google which searches billions of web sites of unknown authority, WorldCat Local (containing 55 million articles) provides items from reputable databases that the library subscribes to. Search results can be narrowed to specific databases and refined by author, format, year, language, and content. Items not available in Milne or online are easily obtainable using Get Text/IDS service.
Post written by Rich Dreifuss.
Milne Library is now pleased to provide library hours, contact information and a few search tools to cell phone and smart phone users.
Mobile users can point their browsers to
Users can access contact information for the reference desk or library office, or get information to contact a subject librarian via email or phone.
A few mobile search tools are available:
- Google Books mobile (public domain books only)
Of course, iPhone or Smartphone users also access the main library webpage from their phones at
Due to an upgrade of our authentication system, off-campus users will not have access to our subscription databases during the day on Thursday, August 20th.
On campus users will still be able to access databases if the “EZProxy” portion of the database URL is removed. Popular resources can be reached via these links:
If you need access to additional databases or have questions about access, please contact the reference desk (245-5595).
Access should be restored by 6pm.